Introduction To Database Engineering
Learn ACID, Indexing, Partitioning, Sharding, Concurrency control, Replication, DB Engines, Best Practices and More!
What you’ll learn
- Learn and understand ACID Properties
- Database Indexing
- Database Partitioning
- Database Replication
- Database Sharding
- Database Cursors
- Concurrency Control (Optimistic, Pessimistic)
- Database System Designs
- Difference between Database Management System, Database Engine and Embedded database
- Database Engines such as MyISAM, InnoDB, RocksDB, LevelDB and More
- Benefits of Using one database engine over the other
- Switching Database Engines with MySQL
- Database Security
- Homomorphic Encryption
- Basic understanding of database systems
Database Engineering is a very interesting sector in software engineering. If you are interested in learning about database engineering you have come to the right place. I have curated this course carefully to discuss one of the main concepts of database engineering.
This course will not teach you SQL or programming languages, however, it will teach you skillset and patterns that you can apply in database engineering. A few of the things that you will learn are Indexing, Partitioning, Sharding, Replication, Concurrency control, database engines and security, and much more.
Database engines or storage engines or sometimes even called embedded databases is a software library that a database management software uses to store data on disk and do CRUD (create update delete) Embedded means move everything in one software no network client-server. In this video course, I want to go through the few popular database engines, explain the differences between them and finally I want to spin up a database and change its engine and show the different features on each engine.
Who this course is for:
- Software Engineers and Database Engineers
Created by Hussein Nasser
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 7.24 GB